Re-installed 1Password: prompted to subscribe

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why won't the 1Password App load on to my new iPhone 8?.

Comments

• dpplett
    dpplett
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I have 1password on my iphone 7 and my husband had it on his iphone 5. He upgraded to iphone 8.
    So I backed up phone and restored.
    1Password does not work. So I deleted it. Cause it would not show anything when I put in the Master password.
    Then I went to app store and downloaded it but it seems I am suppose to buy it again. I do not trust it will start charging monthly after 30 day trial.
    I am a little frustrated but would like to get this working and sync with mine. But if this will be an issue I am not sure what to do. Please contact me and let me know how to fix this. One other window it asks for a Secret Key and sign in address. Not sure where to find this. We both have had 1password a few years already.
    email address removed from public forum

• Hi @dpplett

If you did not have a 1Password subscription membership prior to deleting 1Password from your device then we would not have been storing your data. Deleting the app from the device would've deleted the data along with it. If you had set up syncing with Dropbox or iCloud you could re-sync with the appropriate service to re-establish your data on the device. Subscribing at this point would not help with that, though it may help prevent such difficulties in the future.

Please let me know where you stand.

Ben

• dpplett
    dpplett
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I have purchased 1password August 2017. I just looked in my iTunes purchased. In August 2017 I spent $13.99 and taxes. It says iPassword Pro Features. Why I purchased a free product I am not sure but I did. Then I know I installed in my husbands phone and sync'd with dropbox. So now he got a new phone and it seemed go missing when I restored the back up. So how do I get it back on that phone working? Would I also be able to install in a Dell laptop computer? That way the passwords are at 3 locations for us? I do not just want in one location. If my phone goes - I am screwed! Should I change to sync with icloud? Or do I mess things up in settings to change that now? Then how would I put it on the other (husband's) phone?

• Hi @dpplett ,

If you've been syncing to Dropbox, then you can just set up sync again. Instead of tapping Start My Trial, scroll down and you should see a Dropbox option. Tap that and it will take you through setup from your data on Dropbox.

Also, you can sync with 1Password for Windows on a Dell computer. You would need to purchase a copy of 1Password for Windows to do that.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• dpplett
    dpplett
    Community Member
    Options

So I download the app then scroll down to sync option? I can try that. Thx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep! Just select the option based on your setup and where you have your data as an existing user. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.