I upgraded to 1Password7 on my Mac (downloaded directly) but don't see Sync in Preferences

lsimon
lsimon
Community Member

Where do I configure the Dropbox sync?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync 1passwsord7

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

With a subscription, syncing is done for you through 1password.com. Dropbox is not used.

Did you upgrade from the version with a licence? If so, you might well have a Primary and a Personal vault. Primary would be your old vault, which you can still sync with Dropbox. However, all your data will, I think, also be inn your Personal vault, and the Primary vault can be removed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @lsimon! I see you've already met one of our awesome community moderators. @danco's question is the very one I'd ask: did you intend to create a 1password.com membership/account when you upgraded? If so, that's what you're looking at: your new 1password.com account. All 1password.com accounts are synced via the 1password.com servers; that's one of the benefits of 1password.com - no need to set up advanced, 3rd party sync.

If it wasn't your intention to create a 1password.com account, let us know and we'll get you sorted out.

• lsimon
    lsimon
    Community Member

Hey to both of you!
    I purchased an account on my Mac, thinking I needed to purchase a license (aka account) essentially.
    My android device (where I have purchased 1Password also) told me about the upgrade to the new vault syntax, and I said sure, and then I realized I needed to upgrade my Mac too. When I did, and then I didn't see the sync options, I worried I now had a situation where my Mac wouldn't be syncing to dropbox.
    All in all, I'm very content syncing to Dropbox with 1Password (as opposed to 1Password's backend infrastructure).
    I love 1Password though.
    So I think I need some sorting out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lsimon - sounds like you might. So, to get a closer look at specifically what's what in your 1Password 'ecosystem', I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—Android—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject Line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#FXT-13161-873]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @lsimon only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: FXT-13161-873

• lsimon
    lsimon
    Community Member

done

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• lsimon
    lsimon
    Community Member

For anyone else who comes across this post, I feel like the upgrade to 1Password7 new user screen requires you (or otherwise misleads you to) make an account which then messes up a configuration tied to a source like Dropbox (as was my case). I'm seeing if I can't resolve this with the 1Password folks.

• Using a 1Password account is indeed (intentionally) the default path forward.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.