The URL from the Safari extension doesn't paste into Safari when I click on a login

OxfordStu
OxfordStu
Community Member

Running the latest Mojave public beta and 1P beta 7.2 and when I call up the extension in Safari and click on the login I need, the URL isn't pasted into Safari so I have to go back into the extension, find the login again, copy and paste the URL into Safari and then log in.

Anyone else having the same issue or have a solution?

1Password Version: 7.2 b2
Extension Version: 7.2 b2
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• @OxfordStu,

can you confirm what build number of Mojave you're running? (Apple menu -> About this Mac -> Version 10.14 Beta ())
    can you also confirm what build of Safari you're running? (Safari -> About Safari -> Version 12.0 ()

have you relaunched 1Password or Safari since installing 7.2.BETA-2 ?

• OxfordStu
    OxfordStu
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes relaunched both 1P and Safari and restarted my Mac completely. Mojave build 18A384a, Safari 14606.1.36.1.9.

• OxfordStu
    OxfordStu
    Community Member

Updated to the latest public beta of Mojave (18A389) and still having the same issue.

• @OxfordStu,

can you generate a diagnostics report and send it in using the instructions on https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ ?

• OxfordStu
    OxfordStu
    Community Member

@rudy all done, just emailed it over.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I'll let Rudy know so he can take a look. :)

ref: XZW-98788-627

• OxfordStu
    OxfordStu
    Community Member

Just in case anyone else does have this issue, the problem only seems to occur when Safari has a blank window open. I usually open a blank tab and go from there and this doesn't work. If you have a new tab set to open top sites or your homepage, 1Password works exactly as expected.

• @OxfordStu,

I replied to your last email but including the details here for completeness:

if you have Safari set to Empty Tab then having 1Password (via mini's gear menu) set to open in current tab won't work. You'll need to either have Safari set to something other than Empty Tab to use open in current tab or switch to using new tab or new window in 1Password mini's gear menu. We've filed enhancement requests with Apple about that but not in time for it to make it into Safari 12.

This discussion has been closed.