Password Reset Sequence (PRS)

Options

Hi
I had an idea a number of years ago that should not be too difficult to implement. It enhances security in case of a breach.
One breach of a vault is catastrophic! PRS, built into 1password, automates resetting of all passwords in a vault and lessens the damage a breach causes.
It would require substantial development of the current application.
Let me know who to contact to discuss.
Thanks,
Pierre
Happy user

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Android, Windows, Ubuntu(wine)
Sync Type: Bonjour,Owncloud,Tresorit

Comments

• Hi @piquet

Thanks for writing in.

It is very difficult to implement as you're assuming every site has the same way of updating passwords, which is not the case as there are no standards for all sites to adopt. Certain competitors have this feature but it is very limited to specific sites they work with.

Apple is trying to push a standard via using /.well-known/ path but not all sites use it yet. We plan to look into supporting this method but at this point, we have no plans to provide an automatic password changer.

• piquet
    piquet
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike

Standardizing would make phishing a gentle job.

I make no such assumption. My plan requires that you involve the community and allow them to score freebies for voluntarily submitting these PRSs.

It's a project with details I won't submit on a forum, hence requesting for a contact within your development team.

• Hi @piquet,

Standardizing would make phishing a gentle job.

I disagree, lack of supporting and evolving standards is what leads to breaches and security issues.

Anything we do, we will be working toward an open standard.

It's a project with details I won't submit on a forum, hence requesting for a contact within your development team.

You can email us anytime at support@1Password.com.

• piquet
    piquet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. Will do

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.