Why is 1PW not working on secured directory windows that pop up in browsers?

We are developing websites and do work a lot with secured directories. Those pop up windows in the browser are not supported by 1PW. While thw pop up blocks an other action in the browser, 1PW cannot even be opened. Can you fix that? Keypass for example integrates a button in the log in windows...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is 1PW not working on secured directory windows that pop up in browsers?

Comments

• Greetings @GabrielBV,

What operating system and version of 1Password do you use? I thought we had adjusted 1Password so that you could at least access 1Password mini to copy details over.

• GabrielBV
    GabrielBV
    Community Member

hey, Win10, Firefox latest and 1PW 7.2.576. I can open 1Password desktop programm and Copy things over once I have searched them...Still not the best solution.

• Hi @GabrielBV,

I was going to suggest the keyboard shortcut ctrl + alt +\ to access 1Password mini whilst the basic auth dialog is on screen but while that works in Vivaldi it isn't in Firefox. I'm not sure what's going on there. Both browsers block the button in the browser toolbar as well.

For now copy and pasting from the main 1Password window looks like it will be the best of the options available. It would be wrong for me to suggest we'll see support for basic auth prompts any time soon. My understanding is browser support is inconsistent and we want to avoid the scenario where features are only available in specific browsers.

• GabrielBV
    GabrielBV
    Community Member

Hey there, I think this is not a browser problem. I dont see it working in any browser as one would accept it to work. Whats the big deal about supporting directory/ htaccess secured log in windows? Works fine with other freeware password keepers.

• Hello @GabrielBV,

As I said earlier, my understanding is browser support for interacting with basic auth prompts is inconsistent over the supported browsers. The dialog isn't part of the page and requires its own browser specific API if it exists at all. Given this and the fact that basic auth prompts are not a frequently observed item outside of certain niche uses mean it just hasn't been a priority. This could change of course but focus is on a number of different areas at the moment. I fully appreciate this isn't the answer you wanted, I'm just trying to ensure that first and foremost that I'm honest with the likelihood that this will change in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.