Shortcut ALT +

pauLee
pauLee
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

in 1PW4 I have always used a shortcut ALT + W for the extension (1PW mini). Now with 1PW7 the use of ALT as "standalone" key doesn't seem to work anymore - instead, it is CTRL + W or CTRL + ALT +W. This is fatal for me because I use CTRL + W for closing tabs in Chrome or Firefox browser.
It would be great if I can use ALT + W again.

Is there a chance to get this behavior from 1PW4 back to 1PW7?

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pauLee,

Thanks for reporting this.

We have plans to support full shortcut customization, so you can choose any shortcut you want for each action (Fill Login / Show 1Password mini). Right now, they're not separated and limited to one key. We ran into some problems when we try to expand this but we'll get it fixed soon.

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

You did not change this in version 7.0.552 or did I miss something?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pauLee: Correct. 7.0 is pretty much done. This is something we'll be redesigning in further updates to that. Thanks for your patience while we finish up the beta. :)

ref: OPW-396

• Just to be clear, just because we are finishing up 1Password 7.0, that does not mean we're done and start working on 1Password 8, we're working on 7.1 next and a lot of major updates are coming to 1Password 7 on Windows. Full shortcut customization is planned but we don't have a timeframe on when it is coming.

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

Hello, I would like to ask If there is any any progress in the "Full shortcut customization"?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nothing to announce at this time. I suspect it would show up in a beta first though, and be mentioned in the release notes. Right now our focus is on optimizing some things under the hood.

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

Two month later and because I miss is it really every (!!!) day ... is there any progress in this feature?

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @pauLee,

No progress, and right now performance improvements are our primary focus for 7.3, we need to rebuild certain areas in 1Password before we can add new features. Otherwise, we'd run into more performance issues than more new features, so we have to take a step back first.

We did made some adjustments like you can change shortcut without having to restart the app in recent updates. That is one step forward to full shortcut customization since you want to change shortcuts on the fly to test them.

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

Thank you so much for adding this feature since version 7.3.646.BETA.

FANTASTIC!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.