Unlocking with multiple accounts

I work as a consultant and I have three 1password.com accounts in my Windows application.

The problem I have is that the Windows 1Password application chooses by itself which account that unlocks, and it's the wrong one.
How do I select an account that should be the "master" account that unlocks the 1Password application?

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password accounts

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @Ducam,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password uses the password of the first account or standalone vault you signed in to encrypt its local database, you cannot switch to any specific account you want.

If you want to change to the specific account you must sign out of the first account(s) via the Account menu, 1Password will switch to the next account you added as it becomes the first and updates its master key to match that account. You can then re-add the other account(s) after you have the account you want as the first.

We do plan to support the ability to change the master password in a future update but it'd update the first account's password as well.

Note, while we do generally do not recommend reusing passwords, this doesn't apply to 1Password accounts as we use unique secret keys in addition to master password. Many of us on 1Password team reuses the same master password for many of our 1Password accounts.

This discussion has been closed.