iPhone 10smax has old login and outdated logins. Can't sync with current on mac high sierra. how

LinGrubbs
LinGrubbs
Community Member

iPhone 10smax, high sierra. personal vault on mac. don't know on phone. latest 1password premium membership with add'l services.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync with iphone

Comments

• Hi @LinGrubbs

If there isn’t any data of value on the iPhone I’d recommend using the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data option to wipe that out, so you aren’t syncing bad data into good. Once that’s been done you can sign into your 1Password account on the iPhone:

• Tap 1Password.com.
    • Tap Scan Account Details.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to find and scan your Setup Code.
    • Enter your Master Password and tap Done.

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. I see you also emailed us about this issue. I’ve gone ahead and closed that ticket. In the future please try to avoid contacting us via multiple venues regarding the same issue, as otherwise you may cause a duplication of efforts which slows down the support process for everyone.

ref: AWY-83446-983

• LinGrubbs
    LinGrubbs
    Community Member

Erased data but restores old data from iCloud. on my mac I am afraid to erase iCloud data. On my mac where the good data is the instructions to sync are "open 1password and preferences then select "sync". Please try that yourself. There is no "sync" I have about 8 hours in trying to sync with iCloud or Dropbox. I have 1password 7 and iPhonexmax. Please help me to sync! Thanks, Lin

• LinGrubbs
    LinGrubbs
    Community Member

I won't leave any more emails. I hadn't seen this response. How can I backup before I erase in iCloud? The directions to do so seem outdated because when I follow them it says export would be unencrypted. This is all very technical and confusing and I want to backup my data.

• @LinGrubbs

Please uninstall 1Password for iOS and reinstall it:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

Then please take and post here a screenshot of the first screen you see when you launch 1Password. What you should see is this:

You’ll want to select the 1Password.com option and then enter your 1Password account details.

For some background: If you aren’t seeing a ‘sync’ tab, it is because you’re using a 1Password membership, which does not have sync settings. Sync is handled by signing into your membership account. Memberships do not sync via iCloud or Dropbox. They sync via 1Password.com.

Ben

• LinGrubbs
    LinGrubbs
    Community Member

Ben, the sync is now working with iCloud. Yeah! How do I do a backup? thanks, Lin
    iOS 12, High Sierra on iMac 1password7

• @LinGrubbs

I’m concerned at that response as that doesn’t line up with your initial report and I’m afarid that now things may be even further confused, even if they appear to be working.

If you navigate to https://my.1password.com/ are you able to sign in there? If so do you see your items there?

Please let me know.

Ben

• LinGrubbs
    LinGrubbs
    Community Member

Yes I can sign in a my.1password.com and the data is current. How can I back up this great set of data? Thanks, Lin

• Right; so that’s a problem. You’ve now got two entirely different sets of duplicated data: the data that is on 1Password.com and what is in iCloud. Which do you want to proceed with?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.