can't access all vaults in my family account

GSalbright
GSalbright
Community Member

Once I set up my 2 teens accounts, I "turned them off" from my management so they'd feel a sense of privacy for their own faults. However I want to "share" from our parent account their SS#s but don't want that secure note in the Shared Family vault. However, I can't seem to "turn those vaults on" for that momentary exchange of data even tho' I am the primary manager for the family account. I'm stumped.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't access all vaults in my family account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GSalbright: I'm not sure I understand your description or what you're trying to accomplish, but this may help:

Share with your family

Each family member you invite will have their own account, Master Password, and Personal/private vault which only they can access, along with any other vaults shared with them. I hope this helps, but be sure to let me know more about what you're after if you have any questions.

• GSalbright
    GSalbright
    Community Member

I followed the Share instructions: Click Vaults in the sidebar, then click the name of the vault you want to share/Click Manage in the People section/Select or deselect the people you want to share the vault with, then click Done.

Now everyone you’ve shared the vault with can view and edit items in it.

HOWEVER, the next step I want to accomplish is to share an item from my vault to each daughter's vault separately (Soc.Sec #s) but I don't want to place those in the Family Shared Vault for obvious privacy reasons. When I try to share from my vault, my daughter's vaults are not showing. How can I access them? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

@GSalbright: You'll need to have access to those vaults yourself to copy/move items to them. I'd recommend moving so you don't have multiple copies in different places.

• GSalbright
    GSalbright
    Community Member

I followed the Share instructions: Click Vaults in the sidebar, then click the name of the vault you want to share/Click Manage in the People section/Select or deselect the people you want to share the vault with, then click Done.

Now everyone you’ve shared the vault with can view and edit items in it.

HOWEVER, the next step I want to accomplish is to share an item from my vault to each daughter's vault separately (Soc.Sec #s) but I don't want to place those in the Family Shared Vault for obvious privacy reasons. When I try to share from my vault, my daughter's vaults are not showing. How can I access them? Thanks.

• GSalbright
    GSalbright
    Community Member

How do I get access to those vaults myself? I am the manager of the family 1P account. I thought I'd have administrative access to all, but I am only seeing my Personal vault, the vault I share with my wife, and the Family Vault but not the B1 and B2 vaults for my daughters.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GSalbright: You can manage access from the Vaults page in your account:

Create and share vaults

Only people you've explicitly granted access to B1 and B2 vaults will see those show up in their account — including you.

This discussion has been closed.