How to see two out of four vaults?

res2500
res2500
Community Member

Hi, this is my situation: four personal vaults within the family. Two of them, of my daughter, so I don't need to see the contents of those vaults. One of my wife, with whom I share a lot including a shared vault (eg for newspapers). Ideally, I just want to see the contents of my own vault and the vault shared with my wife. But I see only two options: see one vault or see all of them.

1Password Version: 7 family
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@res2500: I'm not sure I follow, but this may help:

Share with your family

Each family member you invite will have their own account, Master Password, and Personal/private vault which only they can access, along with any other vaults shared with them. You can also hide specific vaults from the All Vaults view in the app if you wish. I hope this helps, but be sure to let me know the specifics if you have any questions.

• res2500
    res2500
    Community Member

Thanks @Brenty! But it doesn't really help, I'm afraid. That allows me to choose one of the vaults. But I want to see two vaults: the one of myself and the one shared with my wife.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@res2500: Can you be more specific? As I mentioned, you can view multiple vaults in the All Vaults view in 1Password for Mac, hide some from there, or switch to specific vaults.

• res2500
    res2500
    Community Member

@brenty: could be that I'm wrong, probably am (-:), but I can see one vault, I can see all vaults, but I don't manage to see two vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@res2500: When you have All Vaults selected (the "rainbow" icon), that will show you the items in all of your vaults except for those you've explicitly hidden from that view (as described in the guide I linked above). What vaults do you have in 1Password?

• res2500
    res2500
    Community Member

@brenty: when following the link you mentioned, I can choose one vault to be opened. But I cannot choose two out of the five that are actie. That's my problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@res2500: 1Password is a "single document" app, so you can't open multiple vaults in separate windows simultaneously or anything like that. However, you can view the contents of exactly two vaults at once in the app if you hide all the others from All Vaults view. Did you try that?

• res2500
    res2500
    Community Member

Sorry @brenty, I really have no clue how to hide vaults. I just can't read it in the link. Sorry ....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
  • res2500
    res2500
    Community Member

Ah, @brenty, that helps, on the computer. I was trying to do this in the mobile app on iPhone and iPad. But there you can't do this, when picking one vault you are automatically brought back to the main menu. Or do I miss something here?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@res2500: Oh. Sorry about that! It's just slightly different on iOS: 1Password Settings > Vaults > All Vaults:

:)

• res2500
    res2500
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty, this is the solution!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! If you need anything else, we're here for you. Have a great weekend. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.