Import 1password export back to 1password

Chrisguk
Chrisguk
Community Member

Hi there I made an export of 1password in this format shown below. How can I convert this into the format 1password app understands:

uuid=7wh74fviuhsaspojgxivb3hhuy
title=1&1
category=001
ainfo=19148229
scope=Default
autoSubmit=Default
tags=1&1
website=1und1.de
previousPassword1=wbsdbsdfb
username=98465465
password=kjhKHiuUhkhk
Telefon PIN=654654654654

All security data in this example is false

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Chrisguk: 1Password uses a JSON-based format, 1PIF, so you'd need to convert it to that. @MrC ’s converter may help, but...how/why did you export your data that way? It would probably be better to simply export the data over again.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Chrisguk / @brenty

I don't believe 1Password for Windows yet supports 1PIF export, and the only possibility is its "Text" export, which produces the format you see above.

I have not bothered to create a converter for that textual export format, as I was assuming that Agilebits would make the 1PIF export format available in 1Password for Windows. If it is not going to be available for some time, I could look into a converter for this format.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrC: Thanks! Indeed, the new app doesn't, but 1Password 4 does. Either way, probably best to go "to the source" and go from there. :)

• Chrisguk
    Chrisguk
    Community Member

@MrC this would be perfect ;) I look forward to some news!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Chrisguk: I'm sorry if my question wasn't clear earlier, but could you tell me where you exported from and if you still have your original data? That could give us some more expedient options — and save MrC a lot of work. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.