Increase contrast ratio of text/background for new login form (fails WCAG 2.0 AA)

Hello! I love the 1P design ethic and it's a brush of freshness from the flat design trend going through the industry.

Still: I'm a young lad with 20/20 vision, but it takes a serious moment to read some text accessed from 1PX (technically, the website), especially for new logins. Take a look here:

We can get into a technology debate, but it seems like 1P should be designed for everyone. It's easier on my IPS displays (while still a confusing and not-quite-well-thought design choice), but we have a few TN panels here and this text is essentially invisible. To quantify this, I checked the WCAG 2.0 guidelines and it fails by a factor of 3x on text contrast ratio.

https://colorable.jxnblk.com/e3e4e8/ffffff

Either the text should be wholly invisible or it should be readable at a glance; I understand 1P doesn't want to draw emphasis to the text, but this beyond usability. I would ask "Is this just me?", but WCAG 2.0 AA is an internationally-accepted guideline for design.

Cheers, mates.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.103
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64 (1803)
Sync Type: 1PX

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ikjadoon: Interesting. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I have never seen anything like that on my machines, any platform. But you're right that this is the sort of thing we need to be aware of, so I'm glad you brought it up. It's something we'll need to discuss as a team. Thank you for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.