1Browser issues on iPhone XS and XS Max [icons overlapped by notch / edge of the screen]

j0o
j0o
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

The close icon (X) for 1Password’s built in browser is partly obscured by the iPhone X series notch. A double tap seems to work as does changing to landscape mode.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

Thanks @j0o. I was able to see this as well as an issue with the "+" icon for adding a new tab. It looks like 1Browser wasn't updated to account for the new models yet. I'll check with development to see what the intention there is. In general I'd say we'd encourage folks to use Password AutoFill. :+1:

Ben

ref: apple-2276

• j0o
    j0o
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @Ben
    If my interests lead me to a web site where a password will be entered, my security paranoia doesn't allow me to type my destination into the address bar. I guess for security purposes I'm using 1Password to handle bookmarks requiring signin. The 1Password browser works pretty well. I look forward to the day when the share button to access the 1Password app on iOS allows me to type any saved destination and go from there, in the manner this can be on from mini on the desktop. Currently the access to 1Password through the share icon will only accept input that has relevance to the current browser page. I can't use the share route for 1Password to go to Amazon if I'm on a Yahoo page. I have to approach this via the full 1Pasword app.
    This is how I come to need the close button in the 1Password. Did you enjoy my journey? I do sometimes use the long press and go to Safari directly.
    Phew.

• j0o
    j0o
    Community Member

Also loving the password autofill appearing on the keyboard.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

If my interests lead me to a web site where a password will be entered, my security paranoia doesn't allow me to type my destination into the address bar.

I’m not aware of any security advantage to that. What perceived advantage does doing that provide?

Also loving the password autofill appearing on the keyboard.

Thanks! Us too. The improvements in iOS 12 have been a huge boon.

The 1Password browser works pretty well. I look forward to the day when the share button to access the 1Password app on iOS allows me to type any saved destination and go from there, in the manner this can be on from mini on the desktop.

At this point I’m not aware of any improvements planned specifically for either the 1Password extension (through the share sheet) or for 1Browser, but hopefully we can at least get this visual glitch with the button placement fixed up.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.