To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My Secret Key Changed

Options

I have my original Secret Key and can't seem to registered 1Password on my new iPhone. I am still logged into 1Password on my Mac and old phone, and I verified the Secret Key I had in both of those programs is attached to my same email address. Also, the Master Password still works to unlock my programs which are syncing with 1Password.

When I try the "Find my account," on the website, it verifies my same email, but now, it says my Secret Key starts with digits that are different from the original.

Please help me as soon as possible. I've submitted 3 trouble tickets, and one email escalation, but it's really difficult for me to not be able to use 1Password this on my new phone.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arthurdentxxxxii: I don't see any emails from this address in the inbox, so if you could provide the Support ID you received that would be helpful.

If you'd used a different email address and/or sign in address, the Secret Key would be different as well.

If I'm understanding you correctly though, you already have your 1Password.com account setup on some devices. In that case, you'd be able to find your correct Secret Key and sign in address there:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• arthurdentxxxxii
    arthurdentxxxxii
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

The account is under my work email [removed by 1Password staff — this is a public forum]

I do have a 1Password account setup, but my secret key on my Emergancy Pack differs from the one the website is saying I have. I verified they're both related to the same email above. It's definitely changed somehow. Thank you for your help, please advise. I have all the original documentation, but nothing with the new Secret Key.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arthurdentxxxxii: Thanks! I've found your email, so I'll follow up with you there so we can look into your account issue.

ref: WAE-62991-667

• arthurdentxxxxii
    arthurdentxxxxii
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I greatly appriciate your help. I've missed using 1Password. I've used it daily for the last 12 years.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome. Thanks for your support! I'll reply to you again via email, so let's continue the conversation there. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.