Bug with Tweetdeck

protozzx0
protozzx0
Community Member

Hi 1Password,

I noticed a small bug with Tweetdeck. To reproduce:

• Open Tweetdeck in Chrome
  • shift+command+x, type your master password in 1Password X and hit enter
  • the column with notifications from Tweetdeck dissapears.

I have Tweetdeck mostly as my main webpage so every time I log into 1Password X, this thing happens and I need to refresh Tweetdeck before my notifications column comes back again :chuffed:

1Password Version: 1Password X 1.11.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Chrome 69
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @yokk, 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I'm not a huge TweetDeck user myself so I may be holding it wrong, but I'm not seeing my Notifications column disappear when I log in. Here's the steps I followed; please compare to yours and lets see where things differ:

1. Start at https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/
    2. Click Login
    3. Press Shift+Command+X to open the popup
    4. Unlock 1Password and fill my login from the popup
    5. Press the Log in button
    6. TweetDeck loads and Notifications column is showing

Note that on step 5 I'm on a different page and am redirected to TweetDeck afterwards. This forces a full page reload which is likely masking the issue for me as you mentioned reloading fixes the issue.

I'm using Chrome 69 on macOS, with 1Password X 1.11.1.

Please let me know what's different in your setup and I'll keep digging. 🙂

++dave;

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

Hi @dteare, thanks for your reply. I have this bug both on Windows and OS X, and I think I found a way to reproduce it

1. Start at https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/
    2. Login
    3. Interact with a Tweetdeck column (for example, in notifications: press on a reply, then go back via 'back to notifications' to get the normal column again)
    4. Press Shift+Command+X to open the popup
    5. Unlock 1Password and fill my login from the popup
    6. Hit enter instead
    7. The column that you just interacted with will dissapear.

Here is an example I just screenshotted: my notifications column is empty, and hitting 'back to notifications' doesn't do anything. I just need to reload Tweetdeck before the column starts working again.

If you press on the unlock icon instead of pressing enter after filling in your password, the bug won't appear. Hope this helps :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yokk: I'm sorry for being a bit dense here, but I'm not familiar with Tweetdeck. Your instructions made sense at first, but you lost me here:

5) Unlock 1Password and fill my login from the popup

Didn't you already unlock 1Password X and login to your Twitter account on or around step 2?

It may be that doesn't matter, and something changed with recent updates though. Can you clarify and/or confirm? Thanks in advance!

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@brenty I'm already logged into Tweetdeck. So I'm just unlocking 1Password X, with Tweetdeck open.

Here is a better step by step guide. Sorry for the confusion :-)

1. Start at https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/ and login with your Twitter account
    2. Interact with a Tweetdeck column (for example, in notifications: press on a reply, then go back via 'back to notifications' to get the normal column again)
    3. Press Shift+Command+X to open the popup
    4. Unlock 1Password and fill my master password in the popup
    5. Hit enter instead of pressing the icon
    6. The column that you just interacted with will dissapear.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@yokk: Hey, I'm sure the confusion is my own in this case. Thanks for bearing with me. ;)

Your description was very helpful, and I also think that me already being signed in now helped too. :lol:

Actually, I think my Tweetdeck ineptitude came in handy here: it turns out that I not only see what you mean, but I accidentally did the opposite — locked 1Password X after interacting with Notifications — and found that has the same result: the column disappeared, and now I can't seem to do anything with it. So definitely related to locking somehow. I've filed a bug report for this so we can take a closer look and see what can be done. Again, thanks for reporting this, and walking me through it! :chuffed:

ref: x/b5x#604

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

@brenty No worries, happy to help! I think the signing in and locking triggers something in Tweetdeck. Anyhow, good luck squashing the bug :blush:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

Just chiming in that I'm still having this issue (beta 1.13.2)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, we have not found a solution for this yet. Sorry I don't have better news for you. :blush:

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

@brenty no worries, it's really weird too. thanks for the update & keep up the good work :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the nudge. Hopefully we'll come up with something, and it will just start working for you one day, thanks to automatic updates. :)

This discussion has been closed.