Use Guest account to sync with employer computer?

Paco II
Paco II
Community Member

My employer uses 1Password officially, but only standalone license. I do not want to log into my own 1P account on my work computer. Is it possible for me to 'invite' myself (work) as a guest account, to allow syncing of a vault between my personal 1P account and my work computer? On the work computer side, can that guest vault be set as the default vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Do you have a subscription? I do and what I did was make a guest account, then made a vault with what passwords I wanted that account to access. I did this because I do not want my main 1Password account on a computer I do not control. I use 1Password X for Firefox to access that account. This way you have work and personal separated.

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

What you describe sounds like what I am looking to try. Can you confirm that on your work computer you are able to set that guest vault as the default vault to store into?

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

All I have is a guest vault. Now though 1Password X, I can have multiple accounts on it. I used 1Password X because I don’t feel like dealing with IT to have the full version of 1Password on the computer. 1Password X is an extension, and I can load those all I want.

This might also work for you to keep the work and personal separate, just an idea.

• Can you confirm that on your work computer you are able to set that guest vault as the default vault to store into?

Yes, as long as you gave the guest user write access to that vault.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.