To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to log-in into 1Password.com on any device

thauros
thauros
Community Member

Hi. I have a 1Password.com membership. Until now, everything worked fine. This afternoon, I installed the 1password app on my new iPhone, used the Setup Code on my iPad but couldn't log-in into my account; my master password was rejected. I tried on my Mac. No luck. Never happened before. I tried using the website to no avail. I'm sure at 99.99% that I typed the correct master password. Is there any other explanation (other than I typed the wrong master password), like a problem on your server, a brute force attack followed by master password change, or something else? How should I proceed to make sure I don't lose my data (right now, my only access is through my iPad, thanks to Touch ID and if I'm not mistaken, only the macOS app allows to export the vaults). Is there another way to go forward than to restart afresh (I'm aware you can't reset the master password)? Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @thauros, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble signing into your account! Let's figure out what we can do.

There are a couple general reasons why you might not be able to sign in:

1. The signin address is incorrect - the best way to make sure you're using the right one is to use the one on your Emergency Kit.
    2. Your email is incorrect - make sure you're using the one you signed up with.
    3. Your Secret Key is incorrect - make sure you're using the one on your Emergency Kit as well.
    4. Your Master Password is being typed incorrectly.

We have a great article that goes into a few more specific reasons why your Master Password might not be working as well:
    https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Let us know if that helps at all. If you're still unable to sign in, we'll talk about other options and see what we can do.

• thauros
    thauros
    Community Member

Dear Meek,
    I feel stupid. I just typed my Master Password incorrectly. It was that simple.
    Anyways, thank you for your response.

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.