Auto-Filling Not Working for Yahoo Japan

SM_CaRDes
SM_CaRDes
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

The Chrome Extension is not filling the username and password for Yahoo Japan. I forgot the specific date but I am sure that it was working in the past. However, it is not working these days. I am using Google Chrome as the browser on Chromebook.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.10.4
OS Version: Chrome OS (69.0.3497.95)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thank you for reporting this issue, @SM_CaRDes.

I don't have a Yahoo Japan account so I went ahead and tried creating one. I was almost successful! I got most of the way through the sign up form before being stymied by the captcha on the last step. 🙂

I asked our resident Japanese expert @brenty to help create an account for us to test with. It's late on a Sunday, however, so we'll need to wait a bit to hear from him. I believe Brenty has a Yahoo Japan account as well so perhaps he'll be able to test this first hand and see.

++dave;

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Ha! I wish I was an expert. Work in progress. :lol:

@SM_CaRDes: Anyway, thanks for getting in touch about this! I swear it worked before too, but I am seeing two issues here on the password page:

1. The 1Password X inline icon does not appear, so it is necessary to select the login using the 1Password X toolbar menu
    2. The inline icon does appear after filling

So while it works, I think we need to get 1Password X to detect this better. Does that match your experience? And are you able to select the login using the 1Password X toolbar menu instead? I think that will help for now. Let me know. :)

Also, I was able to help Dave get an account setup so he doesn't have to wait for me to wake up next time. haha

ref: x/b5x#597

• SM_CaRDes
    SM_CaRDes
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Thank you for helping @brenty,

Mine is still not working though. Is "1Password X" a chrome extension? I am using the chrome extension.
    In my case, the icon does appear but it does not fill in the username and password when I click.
    I did try to do it from the toolbar menu but still the same case.

I just found out that it does work on my sub-account. It is only my main-account.
    What do you think of this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

Thank you for helping @brenty,

@SM_CaRDes: You're very welcome! :chuffed:

Mine is still not working though. Is "1Password X" a chrome extension? I am using the chrome extension.

Yep! Based on the version information you gave, it looks like you're using 1Password X. This has the inline 1Password icons you can use for filling in most cases:

Get to know 1Password X

But there's an issue with that on yahoo.co.jp currently.

In my case, the icon does appear but it does not fill in the username and password when I click. I did try to do it from the toolbar menu but still the same case. I just found out that it does work on my sub-account. It is only my main-account. What do you think of this?

That's interesting, because it differs from what I'm seeing. Can you try saving a new login for yahoo.co.jp? It sounds like you may have saved this login a long time ago, or perhaps created it by hand at some point. Just follow these steps:

1. Load the login page:
    2. Fill your login credentials into each field the way you want to save them
    3. Click the 1Password "keyhole" icon in the field and choose "Save in 1Password"
    4. Reload the page and try filling using 1Password X

Let me know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.