One password and login for multiple subdomains

Hello I just upgraded from 1password 4 to 1password 7 and a subscription.

Basically I have a number of local websites on my PC /localhost/websites/site1 /localhost/websites/site2 etc etc (in fact nearly 200 of them). The login and password for these sites is always the same (no problem because it's only local) but although 1password successfully recognises the one login to prefill (which has url /localhost/websites/ stored with it), when it does so it changes the url too? So my question is how can I have just the one login that will work on all my local domain urls? This uses to work just fine on 1password 4?

Regards, Mark.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marktaylor46: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The new Windows app does not yet have support for arbitrary URL schemes, only HTTP/S with valid domain names. We'll be making it more flexible in the future though. Thanks for letting us know that you'd like that as well.

• marktaylor46
    marktaylor46
    Community Member

Hello again. Has this been improved yet? it's been quite a while. I also has to show you a video here https://www.screencast.com/t/q8rERWmvx of me using this on my local PC.

Note how the login is not filled in initially for this subfolder on my local PC. I've actually created the 1password login for a higher level folder in the hope that logins could be filled in for all my subfolder (local websites for testing). The folder that I have put in 1password does not have a website within it so when I click the 1password icon to select that folder it obviously gives me a empty folder list... but the point I want to make here is what happens when I then press the "back" button in my browser... note how 1password DOES then fill in the login details and do the SUBMIT too. So I do have a cumbersome workaround, but when will this wildcard feature for filling in logins be added to 1password please?

Regards, Mark.

• Hi @marktaylor46,

There is no progress on this yet, we only added the ability to recognize the hostnames but it sees it as the URL to open, not to fill. That'll be fixed later.

If you want it to fill at the login page, you have to give it the specific Login URL, so it'd open that page and fill. It cannot fill while you're on that login page at the moment.

• marktaylor46
    marktaylor46
    Community Member

That's disappointing - I never had this issue with v4 of 1password. I have hundreds of local testing websites so there is no way I can set up the exact same login details for each and everyone - I just want to do it once. But at least I have my "fudge" for now to workaround the issue as I showed in my video (no idea why that works).

Regards, Mark.

• Hi @marktaylor46,

It works because it opens the saved URL, it just can't fill without opening anything first. It does not recognize that you're on the same URL as the saved URL because hostnames are treated differently in the URL library we use in 1Password 7, so we have to fix it ourselves.

1Password 4 has many years of development behind it, we've started over with a clean codebase in 1Password 6/7, so they will have differences and it'll take some time to fix these oddities like the hostnames issue.

This discussion has been closed.