Mac OS Update will not run

Options
rcoope122
rcoope122
Community Member

The 1Password update on the App Store gives me a message that "Update cannot be open during installation click continue to quit 1 Password and begin the update". 1 Password is not running when I launch the update and when I click continue I just keep getting the same message.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Mac OS update failing

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The problem is (most likely) that while the main 1PW is not running the 1PW Mini is running.

You need to Quit Completely by pressing ctrl-option-comd-Q rather than just cmd-Q.

I believe this issue has been dealt with and won't cause problems after you have updated to 7.2.1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rcoope122! @danco is likely correct -- because of the way 1Password works (mini running in your Mac's menubar), "quitting" the app in the traditional way ( ⌘Q ) does not fully quit 1Password. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), and then try your update again. Let us know if you run into any further issues.

• rcoope122
    rcoope122
    Community Member
    Options

The Option Command Q key combination does not cause 1Password to quit only Command Q will quit 1Password. If I hold Option Command Q and quit from the pulldown menu the program will quit but the update still fails. I did get the update to run by turning off "show 1Password in the menu bar" in the general preference section and quitting 1Password. I am now upgraded to version 1Password Version 7.2.1 (70201001) Mac App Store.

• rudy
    Options

@rcoope122,

Ah, you're missing one of the modifier keys there. The full shortcut is: Command + Option + Control + Q

This discussion has been closed.