Chrome Extension working as the safari one…

Options

Hello!

I don't know why, but my 1password chrome extension is not working as it should.
Now, it just behave as the safari one (I cannot see the 1password icon in the text field on a webpage), I have to press "command" + ` to fill form… which is a bit less cool :)

It work perfectly but I add a second "profile" in Chrome, and I think it downgrade something... I try to uninstall the plugin, delete my second chrome profile, but it doesn't help…

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1password Cloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffrey_beaumont,

There are two extensions. The one you have is the companion extension and requires 1Password for Mac/Windows to work. It has no UI (User Interface) of its own and is the one that uses the likes of ⌘\ to fill. It sounds like you've also been using the 1Password X extension, our standalone extension originally designed for platforms where we don't have a native client e.g. ChromeOS or Linux. You can find both extensions on our download page at "Downloads - 1Password" page and if you install 1Password X you'll get the little badge in the fields.

For others potentially reading this conversation, the 1Password X extension requires a 1Password account. Only the companion extension currently works with 1Password and standalone vaults.

• jeffrey_beaumont
    jeffrey_beaumont
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytables,

Thanks you very much, I definitely need glasses or learn english or both :chuffed:
    Thanks again !

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffrey_beaumont,

We've seen this cause confusion so you're far from alone. Different extensions means somebody is always going to get caught out and hopefully they reach out to us so we can help.

• jeffrey_beaumont
    jeffrey_beaumont
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know, but this one with chrome (or firefox) is fantastic!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you're enjoying 1Password X :smile:

This discussion has been closed.