iPassword Browsers App not working for licensing users

Options

I have purchased 1Password License in Feb 2015. Now after the latest updates I am not able to fill the password in browser rather it popups up a window where it asks me to subscribe to 1Password on monthly basis.

If I already purchased a license than why should I again buy a subscription on monthly basis? Or if it is not that please guide me how can I use 1Password browser plugin in Safari/Firefox/Chrome etc.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:iPassword App not working for licensing users

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @phinestsolutions,

I licence purchased in 2015 would have been for 1Password 5 for Mac. The licence agreement only ever promised minor updates, major updates such as moving from version 5 to 6 could be paid updates although it is also true that we didn't bother after releasing either 5 or 6. 1Password 7 is our first paid update since 1Password 4 for Mac and so requires either a new licence or an active 1Password account. Your existing licence still entitles you to run 1Password 6 although it will no longer receive updates and over time will become incompatible as changes to either or both the operating system and browsers require changes in 1Password, changes that will only occur in the current version.

The popup should have a link for purchasing a licence if you prefer not to go down the path of the 1Password account. We hope the accounts are appealing though my making syncing hopefully a simple task and access to 1Password on all supported platforms (licences are still per platform).

How would you like to proceed? If you have questions about any of the options please do ask and I will do my best to answer.

This discussion has been closed.