1Password X refusing to fetch changed password from server

I changed my password for a website back on September 14, on a Windows standalone app. Now, fully one week later, my 1Password X extension on Ubuntu, in the Firefox browser, is still showing the entry as it existed back in August. I am unable to use 1Password X to log into the website because it absolutely refuses to get the updated entry. I tried locking and unlocking as suggested here but it did not help. In case it's important, I need to use the annoying "log into 1password.com" workaround for Ubuntu in order to unlock. I can see the updated password in 1password.com and for now I will just copy and paste from there, but I would REALLY prefer to use the browser extension. Is there anything I can do? Is this a known bug I can track somewhere?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1 Password X 1.10.3
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Update: I was trying to save a new login. The normal popup, with a save button and vault selection, appeared. But clicking "save", I got this error message:

"We were unable to reach the server. Please check your internet connection and try again."

The old entry in my first post is also still showing the password and timestamp prior to being changed.

What on earth is going on?

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member

Update: I was trying to save a new login. The normal popup, with a save button and vault selection, appeared. But clicking "save", I got this error message:

"We were unable to reach the server. Please check your internet connection and try again."

The old entry in my first post is also still showing the password and timestamp prior to being changed.

What on earth is going on?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fritzophrenic: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the trouble, and the delay getting back to you. If the issue was actually with 1Password X, it's probably resolved itself with the recent update. But if it's with the Windows app, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using on all devices, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you seeing the correct information in the 1Password.com web interface? Thanks in advance! :)

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

The correct version is showing on all my Windows clients (4 of them), 1password.com, and the Android app. Only the 1passwordx client on Ubuntu has outdated data. I haven't checked the Xubuntu 1password X client yet.

I can get versions tomorrow, I'm not around my computer today. I did note my 1passwordx and Ubuntu version on my initial post.

Possibly relevant: I regenerated my secret key recently. The Windows clients and 1password.com all had me log in again. 1Password X has that bug preventing login. Maybe logging into the website doesn't update the secret key, only the password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Possibly relevant: I regenerated my secret key recently. The Windows clients and 1password.com all had me log in again. 1Password X has that bug preventing login. Maybe logging into the website doesn't update the secret key, only the password?

@fritzophrenic: Aha! I believe that's it. Next time you're at the Linux machine, make sure 1Password X is up to date, sign out of your account, and then sign back in — with your current account credentials. That should do the trick. I'm sorry for the trouble there, and we're working on ways to streamline it. Let me know how it turns out. :)

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member

Thanks, that got it working! I was confused because there is not a "log out" option in 1Password X. I had to go to settings, then "remove" my account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I'm sorry for not being more specific. Thanks for the update! Glad that did the trick. :)

This discussion has been closed.