Can't log in to familysearch.org

Options

I am running MacOS 10.13.6, Opera 56.0.3051.36, and 1Password7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002). I have an existing account on familysearch.org. I use 1Password to generate a password, and update my existing password when prompted. Then, I try to log in to familysearch again, and nothing is entered by 1Password into the login screen, neither a username or a password. I need help on how to fix this. I have repeated the password generation and saving of the changed password step numerous times, to no avail. I believe the problem may be that when I go to the login screen to log in to an existing account (NOT a new one), there are perhaps 40 characters after the "ident.familysearch.org", and those characters are different every time I try to log in. I have tried opening to a URL of just ident.familysearch.org, but that is not a recognized URL. What do I do to get a saved login in 1Password to work on familysearch?
Thx,
Bill

1Password Version: 7.2.1 (70201002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: not started yet
Referrer: forum-search:can't log in to familysearch.org

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @BillInPoint,

There seems to be a bug but thankfully we can work around it. Instead of saving a Login item inside of your browser as we recommend (and should work) can you create a Login item from inside the main 1Password window instead please. You'll want to set an appropriate title and copy your username and current password over as well as the URL. You should find that item fills. It's daft but I've found it works while an item saved in the browser didn't. Hopefully you find the same and thank you for reporting it.

• BillInPoint
    BillInPoint
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That worked fine.
    Bill

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.