Not all information from items shown on Apple Watch

Solos
Solos
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Apple Watch

Hi,

I've just started using 1Password on Apple Watch and noticed that when I add items to be shown on Apple Watch, not all information are shown. For example, I have secure note where I have added few sections with various information. To be more precise, the secure note is containing all data regarding my work passwords as sections in secure note and invoice data in notes section of the secure note. When I add this secure note to Apple Watch the only thing I can see is the notes section with invoice data. I cannot see all other sections created in this secure note. Why is it like that? It seems like kind of limitation, which Agilebits created. Is it possible to have option to see all information from each item added to Apple Watch? The same limitation can be seen in other item types, like credit card etc. Only certain fields from an item are shown on Apple Watch.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Solos: Since 1Password cannot encrypt data on your Apple Watch using your Master Password (all crypto there must be handled by the OS, using Keychain and your device passcode, which is why that is required), only certain item types and fields are supported. That may change in the future if and when we're able to do crypto ourselves on the watch natively, but that is not happening this year certainly, and only Apple may know if that will be the case in the future.

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member

Thanks for clarification. So it's a security limitation from Agilebits point of view. I understand and hope it'll change next year. It really limits 1Password on Apple Watch a lot now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Solos: Put another way, since we can't control the encryption, we're being conservative with what is stored there. Apple's security is great, and they've documented it well. But 1Password users are accustomed to and expect their data to be protected by their Master Password, so we want to exercise caution in this case since that isn't possible. We do want to make it more flexible in the future if that becomes a reasonable option though. Cheers! :)

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member

That's great! Looking forward to it 😃

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.