Extension Saving to Wrong Vault

Options

When I use the right-click menu on the Chrome Browser extension and select Save Login then entry goes to my Personal Vault instead of my shared Family Vault where I have configured it to go. I have verified in the Extension and in the Desktop app that everything is configured to go to the Shared Vault and not my personal.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 1.10.4
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: 1Passsword site
Referrer: forum-search:Save password Extension

Comments

• semory
    semory
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. The setting in the app got changed back to Personal??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Definitely check your configuration in 1Password Settings > Vaults > Default vault for saving. It sounds like that does the trick. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semory,

The settings in 1Password 7 for Windows won't be used by the 1Password X extension you have installed. At the moment 1Password X only allows you to select a default account for saving, not a default vault. If you want the extension to use the default vault as defined in 1Password for Windows' settings you will need to use the companion extension rather than the standalone extension. You can find both on our "Downloads - 1Password" page ( https://1password.com/downloads/ ). The one on the left is the standalone 1Password X, the one on the right is the companion extension that requires the native application. As all UI (User Interface) comes from the native application it will use any settings made in the application.

This discussion has been closed.