1 Password X won't open

Options

I have 2 problems with 1Password X. Let me start by saying that I just began using it when I bought a chromebook. So, I use 1PW in 2 different ways, 1PW X on my chromebook, 1PW with chrome extension on my windows 10 laptop. Both 1PW X problems are on my laptop.
1. On my laptop, whenever I open chrome, 1PW X also opens and asks me to login. I also find that it turns off the 1PW chrome extension. How can I stop 1PW X from opening on my laptop every time that I open chrome.
2. I've tried to login to 1PW X on my laptop to see if there's an option to change its behavior, but it won't open. I enter my email address, my secret key, and my master password, click the sign in button, and then the little wheel keeps on spinning and spinning, but I do not get logged in.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: windows 10 prof
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @andygreenberg1, 👋

Using 1Password X alongside the 1Password extension is bound to give you troubles, and that's why 1Password X tries to actively disable the other 1Password extension if it finds it installed. In theory you can run one extension on one account and the other on your second machine, but what gets you is Chrome automatically syncs your extensions for you so you end up with both on all your machines.

Before seeing if we can turn that syncing option off, let's see if we can figure out the issue with using 1Password X on your Windows laptop. Can you recreate the problem and then send us the logs from the 1Password X background page? Here's how to that:

1. Go to chrome://extensions
    2. Find 1Password and click on the background page link to inspect it.
    3. Go to the Console tab to see the logs.

Copy and paste the logs or take a screenshot so we can see them. There shouldn't be any sensitive information listed there other than your email address, but feel free to XXXXX out anything you're not comfortable sharing.

Hopefully we can identify the cause of this issue once we see those logs.

Thanks!

++dave;

• Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. You'll need to click the toggle next to “Developer mode” before the Inspect views link will appear.

• andygreenberg1
    andygreenberg1
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to follow your instructions and recreated the non-login, but there is really nothing on the background page. I'll try to attach the screenshot.

• How very odd! This isn’t what I expected at all. Hmmmm..... 🤔

Perhaps there is an error on the 1Password.com page itself. Could you repeat this process there? It’s a bit easier for a web page as all you need to do is ctrl-click on the page and select Inspect Element. From there you can click the Console tab just like you did above.

Hopefully these logs shed some light on what is happening!

++dave;

• andygreenberg1
    andygreenberg1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure that I understand what you want me to do. Perhaps you could re-explain?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andygreenberg1: I think Dave was asking you to go to 1Password.com and right click to select Inspect Element to view the Console logs.

• andygreenberg1
    andygreenberg1
    Community Member
    Options

Went to 1password.com, did as requested above. Screenshot attached. Again, nothing there.

• This is so odd! 🤔

I'm not sure what to suggest at this point to be honest. Perhaps a screenshare is in order? I'll ask around here to see if anyone has a suggestion. We're heading in to a holiday weekend here so it may take us a bit of time to sort this out.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

++dave;

• andygreenberg1
    andygreenberg1
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, keep me posted. Thanks.

• andygreenberg1
    andygreenberg1
    Community Member
    Options

I thought that I'd let you know that it seems that the problem has resolved. I deleted then reinstalled everything, seems to be working okay.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andygreenberg1,

If the issue should return please let us know. Hopefully though if things are working properly now they continue that way and offer you no more annoyance.

This discussion has been closed.