To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password Account Not Syncing Between Devices

Options

I'm actually a long-time user of 1Password. In the past, I never had problems syncing my 1Password account between devices using iCloud. This was using an older version of 1Password that I had a license for.

Recently, I decided to purchase a subscription to 1Password in order to gain access to the newer features.

However, now my passwords are not syncing.

I am definitely logged into the same account with the most recently updated version of the macOS / iOS apps.

I am able to view the same older passwords on my account on all my devices, but whenever I try to add a new password, it is only added to the device I used to add the password - it does not sync with my other devices.

Can anyone help me with this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hyruleguardian
    hyruleguardian
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Never mind - I figured it out. On my MacBook, I went to Preferences -> Vaults. I had to uncheck "Primary" and check the Vault with my name instead (which also checks "personal").

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, that will do it. Glad that helped! Indeed, the Primary (or any other local vault) is stored only on the device, so it is completely separate from a 1Password.com account. Provided you have all of your data in the account though, and have the same setup on all of your devices now (setup with only your account, no local vaults), that will avoid confusion down the road. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.