Password Creation ios12 v7.2

Cbones
Cbones
Community Member

Since updating to ios12 v7.2, you can no longer create a password using a 1 or a 0 within the password. Eg harry01apple is no longer allowed. Was this on purpose?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @Cbones

I’m not able to reproduce this problem:

Could you plesae elaborate on what you’re seeing? Are you getting an error message?

Ben

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

I am having this issue on both my phone as well as my iPad. If I hit either the 0 key or 1 key when creating a new password within the 1Password app, it does nothing, no entry of text.

• Please try restarting your devices. I’m not able to cause that to happen here... I tried both the default on-screen keyboard as well as a Bluetooth keyboard and was able to type 0s and 1s on either without difficulty. Are you able to type those characters into other apps?

Ben

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

1 0 0 1 works in all apps except 1Password. This is happening on both my iPhone and iPad. I have rebooted twice, as well as force closing the app. This is a definite change since the update on my end as yesterday before the v7.2 update I did not have this issue even after the iOS 12 update and prior to the 7.2 update. Btw all other numbers work fine.

• johnnywoz
    johnnywoz
    Community Member

@Cbones issue might be with ur devices, as I’m able to use 0 & 1

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

This is incredibly frustrating. I guess we will have to see if someone else chimes in with the similar issue. It is extremely weird that it happens on 2 separate devices.

• @Cbones Things are working fine for me as well. Are you possibly using a third-party keyboard? You can send me a diagnostic report if you like and I can see if anything jumps out at me. Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Just email it to support+roo@1password.com

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

More information. If I try creating a password for a random site, it works fine with 0 and 1. Try making a test password for “Chase” bank and it no longer works. I know Chase allows 1 and 0s for their passwords. Can someone else try and confirm?

• Ah HA! That was it, thanks @Cbones. I will file an issue to fix this one.

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

Thanks for confirming! I thought I was going nuts.

• Really strange that this problem is limited to certain sites, but I'm sure our development team will be able to figure out why that is. :) Thanks for the report and your persistence @Cbones!

Ben

• omrih
    omrih
    Community Member

It is possible the issue is on Chase setting autofill rules wrong, or 1password processing them wrong: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/password_autofill/customizing_password_autofill_rules

• Filed internally as {apple-issues#2198}.

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

I am dismayed that this issue still has not been corrected in v7.2.1. I can’t possibly be the only person that is affected by this.

• @Cbones

You're not, but it does take time to write, test, and deploy fixes. We are hoping to have this fixed up soon. :+1:

Ben

• Cbones
    Cbones
    Community Member

Thanks

• You're welcome. I can say that the code that will hopefully addressed this has been written, so we're that far through the process. It hasn't made it into a build yet. I believe we're hoping to build a new beta later this week / early next week, so fingers crossed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.