To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade price from v6.8 to v7

Options
lusker
lusker
Community Member

I am hoping I am just not looking in the right place, but how much is the price to upgrade from v6.8 to v7 for the stand alone version? It looks like you are asking customers to pay full price for the "upgrade".

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, AgileBits decided that rather than having one price for new purchases and a lower price for old users upgrading, they would have a standard price ($65) and a reduced introductory price ($50) for everyone.

The price is currently $50, but that was intended to be for "a few weeks" and has actually been for several months. I have no idea when the price will move up.

• lusker
    lusker
    Community Member
    Options

I love 1password, but asking me to pay full price for an upgrade or start paying monthly is not a good customer service practice. Customers that paid full price should be offered a discounted price for the upgrade. I would pay $10-$15. No way I am paying full price again for something I already paid for that has the same core features/functionality. Very unfortunate decision by AgileBits that will deter me from recommending the product to others in the future.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@lusker You can stay on ver. 6 until it stops working. hth

• Ben
    Options

$50 USD is the discounted price. The regular price will be $65 USD. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• lusker
    lusker
    Community Member
    Options

Missing the point. $50 is the price for everyone (new or upgrade) according to the first reply by danco. I already paid $50 for this product. Why would I pay $50 again for the same thing that has some enhancements. More than willing to pay an upgrade fee for the continued development and ongoing enhancements. Not going to keep paying full price. And yes, I will just stay on v6 and not upgrade.

• Ben
    Options

You're certainly welcome to do that, but as danco also mentioned that is likely only going to be a temporary solution. As macOS and web browsers are updated it is likely that at some point compatibility with 1Password 6 will be broken. We will not be providing further updates to v6.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.