To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I've bought your app for iPhone and MacBook Pro. DO I need the membership?

Options
MiJe
MiJe
Community Member

I have iPhone app and one for MacBook Pro. I paid for them - and now I am prompted to sign up for the membership. Can you please explain me what is it for and how do I migrate my passwords in the app to the new member account? Really, I am lost...

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I've bought your app for iPhone and MacBook Pro. DO I need the membership?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW7 from the App Store is subscription only. 1PW7 direct from AgileBits can be used either with a sub or with a one-time licence. However, if you currently have a licence for 1PW6, this will NOT work on 1PW7, you will have to buy a new licence.

So you don't actually need a membership, but there are a fair number of advantages; for more details see https://support.1password.com/why-account/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MiJe: A 1Password.com membership includes all apps and updates, and you don't need to configure sync or manage licenses: you just sign into your account on each device to access your data. I'll be happy to walk you through migrating. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

This discussion has been closed.