To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Syncing with Dropbox with Membership

Options
u462345
u462345
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Memberships

Hi,

New to 1password. Everything looking great. However, as much as I like putting things in the cloud, I do have preference to save it locally. However, I cannot seem to find the option to sync it to anywhere.. not even dropbox. Is syncing stuff like dropbox or locally only available on standalone license?

I don't mind paying for subs to access to latest upgrade... but just won't need the my.1password.com sync.

This knowledgebase doesn't seem to apply. https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Kindly advise :) if anyone knows.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 v1706
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You can do what you want. But it is more complicated, and liable to cause trouble unless you are very careful.

As you have a sub, you will have a vault named Personal under your name. This syncs through 1password.com, and that can't be changed.

You may have a vault named Primary, but if you don't, go to Preferences > Advances and check the box next to local vaults. Syncing of the Primary vault is up to you, you can do it purely locally or through Dropbox or (if you only use Apple devices) iCloud. I can see why people might want to sync only locally, but if you use Dropbox you are in the cloud anyway and might as well sync through 1password.com and get its other advantages. True, 1password.com is more of a target than Dropbox, but it is also much more securely encrypted.

If you go with purely local sync, there are a couple of things to do in Preferences. In All Vaults, make sure Primary is the only one selected, and that Primary is chosen as the Vault for Saving. And make sure all your data is in Primary, move it from Personal if necessary.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @u462345, as @danco perfectly outlined, you can definitely do this. I'll mention again that Dropbox syncing is still putting your data in the cloud, but the choice is of course yours if you'd like to use Dropbox or our own syncing solution.

If you'd like to learn more about the security of a 1Password membership, check out this page: https://1password.com/security/

Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.