1Password.com changes not syncing to iOS

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

Today I changed one of my passwords in the Windows version of 1Password. That change synchronized to 1Password on my Mac, but not to my iPhone or iPad.

Worse: in iOS 12 it seems no longer possible to install the App Store version when a TestFlight version is installed. Instead of an "Install" button in the App Store it's now an "Open" button...

Do I really need to uninstall & re-install now?

1Password Version: 7.2 Beta
OS Version: iOS 12.0
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• rudy
    edited September 2018

beta 10 is the same as the release version so you should be ok there.

did you turn on background app refresh or otherwise enter into the full 1Password UI in the AutoFill extension?

and

are you using FaceID/TouchID to unlock?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    • App refresh is on for 1Password on all my iOS devices
    • I entered the full 1Password UI (by tapping on the App icon on the springboard)
    • On my iPad I authenticate via TouchID; on my iPhone via FaceID

I edited 2 existing passwords on 1Password for Windows. Both synchronized almost immediately to macOS, but never to iOS.

• @XIII,

do you know which beta of 7.2 you're on?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

do you know which beta of 7.2 you're on?

The App itself does not seem to show it, but according to TestFlight it's 70200010.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I'm not sure why you guys keep mentioning AutoFill.

My issue is with the (main) 1Password App itself.

• MrRooni
    edited September 2018

@XIII This sounds like a problem unrelated to AutoFill, if you're not seeing changes appear in the main 1Password app. Could you send me a diagnostic report?

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Just email it to support+roo@1password.com

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Done.

• @XIII,

We'll continue via email. :+1:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

We'll continue via email.

OK.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Seems to be fixed in 7.2.1.

• @XIII,

Great to hear that, so you got prompted for 2FA on the iOS device and then sync proceeded?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Great to hear that, so you got prompted for 2FA on the iOS device and then sync proceeded?

No...

No 2FA prompt, but synchronization worked again.

• @XIII,

That's weird, I'm glad its syncing again though.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

This morning I noticed that changes made on macOS (yesterday) were again not synchronised to iOS.

Additionally both my iPhone and iPad could not open documents (QR codes saved as images) that had been saved long ago.

These were the errors (translated from my native language, so they might be not 100% identical to your code):

• iPad: "Document error," (and nothing behind the comma; only a single line)
    • iPhone: "MultiFactor references are missing, MultiFactor asked and not offered" (note: there was no 2FA request)

This afternoon the changes were synchronised from macOS to iOS and I could open the documents on all platforms...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Thanks for letting us know. Have you maybe made changes to your account since you originally set it up on that device? In that case, it may not reflect your current account credentials. If you encounter this again, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#DLQ-94139-922]

If you’re reading this and you are not XIII, this Support ID is for XIII only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Thanks in advance!

ref: DLQ-94139-922

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Have you maybe made changes to your account since you originally set it up on that device?

What kind of changes?

(I did not change my email address, master password, or secret key)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Two-factor authentication?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

No, set up 2FA only once, some time ago (had to enter the 6 digits in the App then, but never got that request again, so that’s still OK?)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Yep. You shouldn't have to enter the TOTP code again unless you sign out or otherwise "reset" things on that device so you need to re-authenticate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Just out of curiosity, has anything like this happened on your Mac?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

No, not on my Mac mini, MacBook Pro, or Windows PC.

Only on iOS devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Sorry, I forgot about this because I was expecting to get a notification when you sent in the diagnostics. If you're still having trouble, please do that.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I forgot about this as well...

Guess it works now, but need to check (later).

• @XIII,

I think the next beta will have additional dialogs in the case where you decline MFA re-auth to make it clear that the app will be in offline-no-sync-mode until MFA re-auth occurs. Lets see if you end up in that scenario on any of your devices.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I did see the note in the release notes.

Will let you know if the screen pops up.

• @XIII,

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.