How to add Ver 7 to another family member's computer who now has Ver 6

cny
cny
Community Member

I bought a Family license when I upgraded to Ver 7 from our previous Family license for Ver 6. In Ver 6, we didn't share over iCloud, but for Ver 7 we want to.

I've added all my husband's entries to my machine's Ver 7 and have deleted all the items on my husband's computer but still have the Ver 6 application there.

1) Should I delete 1PassVer 6 app from my husband's computer first?
2) Do I just download the Ver 7 application from Agilebits website to my husband's computer and then sign in with our Master key?

When I did this for my new laptop, everything seemed to work right and I have all the info synced from my desktop, but that one hadn't had 1Password installed before. I assume it will work the same way with my husband's computer but I want to make sure this is the proper approach to have all three computers syncing.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi, @cny.

Yes, you can delete 1Password 6 from your husband's computer, then download and install version 7, and then have him sign in.

If you're using a family account, you probably want to make sure you and your husband each have your own account inside the family account (it's no extra charge to add family members, up to 5). If you prefer to share a single account, that's fine too, but it's not how family accounts were intended to be used.

If you have any trouble or other questions along the way, just let me know. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Huh, I thought there was no Family license for version 7?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: That's correct, and I suspect that's why Rob was referring to 1Password Families accounts. Some folks call those "licenses" anyway, but you're right that there may be some confusion here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cny: Just to clarify, if you purchased a license for 1Password 7, that will be for one person. You'd need to purchase additional licenses for others. A 1Password Families membership includes accounts for up to five family members in the base price, as Rob mentioned earlier. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.