Families - use 1 login? or multiple?

Options
camydee
camydee
Community Member

Maybe I'm not doing this correctly.... I signed up for a family trial, created an account to login, and started populating it. the first login obviously uses the master password. I invited my wife to join, and it sent an invite to her email address (not the same as the original login obviously). From her device, she clicked on the link and it took her to a login page. Her email address doesn't work using the master password, and it doesn't have any other password associated with it (how could it)? So, I guess she logs in with the original username and password. So, what's the point of a family plan? does everyone use the same username/password? that sounds like a personal plan with multiple users.

Did I miss something about how this is supposed to be setup? Should I instead have asked her to register standalone and "join" the family? I guess the user experience leaves something to be desired. Please explain.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: multiple
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Families - use 1 login? or multiple?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@camydee

When someone accepts an invitation to join 1Password Families they set up their own Master Password. If your wife accepted the invite and went through the account creation process then she would’ve picked her own Master Password.

Ben

• camydee
    camydee
    Community Member
    Options

That’s not how it worked - it simply said that the credentials were incorrect- so I had her use the original set. I’ll try it again I suppose...

• Ben
    Options

I would, because that is how accepting an invitation works. Your family should not be using your credentials. As you mentioned, that defeats part of the purpose. :) https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/#invite-your-family

Ben

This discussion has been closed.