7.1 update - Safari extension doesn't work anymore, can't connect to the main app [Update to 7.1.1]

124»

Comments

• Thanks for the update @Samtheman67. 1Password does not automatically fill anything. To fill from 1Password you have to tell 1Password that you want it to do so, either using the keyboard shortcut (Command + \) or by clicking on the 1Password icon in your web browser.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Hi all. It appears 7.1.1 has made it through the Apple review process and should be appearing in the App Store soon. It does take a little while for it to propagate to all regions.

Thanks.

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

It looks like 1PW 7.1.1 was made available in the Mac App Store about 19 hours ago.

• @OAW

That would be the time it was submitted, I believe. It has now been approved, but even once approved it can take time to become available everywhere.

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

I'm sure you are correct. I was just saying that when I looked in the Mac App Store a few minutes ago the latest version seemed to be available.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@OAW - grab it! :) That should be the solution to the 7.1 issue.

• Aussie Canuck
    Aussie Canuck
    Community Member

I have tried to download ver 7.1.1 to address issues raised. Unfortunately problems persist. I keep getting the message to quit the 1P app. I have triple checked - it is not running [used Force Quit]. I also removed the Safari extension, just in case. I'm running 10.13.6 on a MBA. Is there a workaround?? TIA

• rudy
    edited August 2018

@Aussie Canuck,

In 1Password, hold down the command key, option key, control key and choose the Quit menu item (which should now say "Quit Completely". Launch 1Password again, attempt to use the Safari extension.

• Aussie Canuck
    Aussie Canuck
    Community Member

Wow! One can't ask for faster service! Many thanks Rudy. That was a new key combination for me. Cheers

• Thanks for the update @Aussie Canuck. Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

• wowinemima
    wowinemima
    Community Member

How high/low is the number of people testing 1Password updates before it is being rolled out to the public? The reason for asking is that I find it strange that an extremely obvious bug like this one was not noticed before release. Omnifocus for example is being tested by, I guess, thousands of users before it's rolled out. Of course tiny bugs can and will slip through even then, but in the 8 years I have been using Omnifocus I have never encountered a high profile bug like this one in 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wowinemima: As Ben already mentioned, The bug wasn't present in the beta. It wouldn't have been possible to find it there.

• wowinemima
    wowinemima
    Community Member

Brenty, thank you for the reply!

I love 1Password by the way.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! And thank you for the kind words. We love making software that you love. :chuffed:

• roberty
    roberty
    Community Member

Many thanks to the whole 1Password-Team. Now 1Password works correctly with Safari again. Greetings from Switzerland :-)

• Thanks for the kind words and the update @roberty. :)

Ben

• romanrev
    romanrev
    Community Member

1Password has been updated to 7.1.1 and stopped working with Safari and Firefox browsers which I use. Restarting the browsers and 1Password did not help. Downgrading to 7.0.7 resolved the issue.
    I reckon that's a release failure: the basic functionality was broken. I've also had to go into 1Password settings and uncheck "Automatically install updates" to avoid such a pitfall in the future.

• Hi @romanrev

I’m sorry to hear you had trouble. There isn’t any generalized issue with v7.1.1 regarding browser integration. Also, Safari and Firefox use entirely different ways of communicating with 1Password from each other. Safari uses web sockets and Firefox uses Native Messaging. Not updating the app isn’t a long term solution.

Please update to v7.1.1 and if you’re having difficulty send us a diagnostic report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/459123/#Comment_459123
    • Your forum username: romanrev

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Karel
    Karel
    Community Member

Yes, I was bitten by this bug too. Lost some very precious time. This was the second time I upgraded to 1PW7, but I was just about to downgrade to v6 again [sigh] when the 7.11 update suddenly popped up. Amazing that this one slipped through QA. If the bug was not in the beta, then this worries me even more (how is it possible to introduce showstopper bugs after beta?).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Karel - I'm truly sorry for the lost time; it was definitely an error. Glad to hear you're back up and running (at least it seemed so from your post? Correct me if I'm wrong and you're still having trouble).

how is it possible to introduce showstopper bugs after beta?

This question was answered at least once earlier in this thread. Here it is, if you missed it.

• BTF
    BTF
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I ran into this same problem yesterday, after I installed v.7.2.1 from the Mac App Store. (This is the first time installing 7.x, upgrading from v.6.8.8).

@rudy 's solution in the discussion above got it working for me:

In 1Password, hold down the command key, option key, control key and choose the Quit menu item (which should now say "Quit Completely". Launch 1Password again, attempt to use the Safari extension.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BTF yep! Unfortunately, for the first few builds of 1Password 7 for Mac, if you downloaded/installed from the Mac App Store, you had to FULLY quit 1Password before you could use the Mac App Store's built-in updater. That's been addressed in the build you just installed, so future builds should not require this extra step, but let us know if that's not the case, once we release the next update. Cheers! :)

• romanrev
    romanrev
    Community Member

1Password has been updated to 7.1.1 and stopped working with Safari and Firefox browsers which I use. Restarting the browsers and 1Password did not help. Downgrading to 7.0.7 resolved the issue.
    I reckon that's a release failure: the basic functionality was broken. I've also had to go into 1Password settings and uncheck "Automatically install updates" to avoid such a pitfall in the future.

• romanrev
    romanrev
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@Ben Sorry for a long feedback loop, I did not try to reinstall the 7.1.1 and troubleshoot as you suggested, but waited for 7.2.1 and it's all working as expected again (with that awesome black Mojave theme support on top), thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@romanrev - glad to hear things have worked out for you in the long run. :)

This discussion has been closed.