Paying without credit card

13»

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Thanks for the feedback, folks. :)

@msxtj gift cards are non-refundable (as is any credit left over from applying one). I hope you’re able to find a solution that meets your needs, and I’m sorry that it appears 1Password is not that solution at this time.

Ben

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

I used a credit card for an annual subscription this time. If in 365 days from now, this problem still exists, I'll be forced to look at other solutions. (I hope the person who takes business decisions - for example, the people who made the decision to move from standalone licenses to subscriptions - are seeing this comment.)

• Thanks for letting us know, @msxtj.

Ben

• Vercyx
    Vercyx
    Community Member

I would definitely (strongly) consider adding PayPal as a payment method. Many people don't have/want/can't get credit cards. And even the options of Visa Gift Cards/iTunes or Google Play cards seem mostly US based and highly inconvenient. I haven't personally done much research into other options for the same service that you provide (basically just came here from haveibeenpwned), but as of now, if they exist (and have PayPal as a payment option), it would be much easier and more convenient to go with them.

It also seems like you've been saying the same "We'll look into it for the future" for 2 full years now, and it's understandable if you can't/don't want to do it, but just say so. Transparency is much better than the whole vagueness of "maybe we will, come back 2 years later to find out" ordeal.

If I was in your position, I'd lock this thread, and any other pertaining to the same topic, and any time a new one pops up, make a copy/paste response of something like:

_"Unfortunately, 1Password currently does not support other payment methods at this time, and there are no plans to support other methods in the future. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but in the mean time, here are some solutions.

If you're in the US, you can purchase a Visa or Mastercard 'gift card', which can be used with the same purposes as a traditional credit card. Otherwise, iTunes and Google Play gift cards are available for users on mobile devices, although the subscription will carry over throughout all platforms.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience. -1Password Team."_

(also you really shouldn't have to make a forums AND 1Password account just to have the ability to comment on subjects like this)

• Hi @Vercyx. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective. :) It is possible to buy a 1Password gift card with PayPal which you can then use on a subscription through 1Password.com. At this time this is not possible with other instances of 1Password (1Password.ca and 1Password.eu), though that is something that we hope to make possible in the future. As for subscribing directly through PayPal we don’t have any definite plans as far as I’m aware. Thus far the work required is far outweighed by the demand. That isn’t to say that we wouldn’t ever consider it, but we have a number of other irons in the fire that need to be cleared before we can really even consider it further.

Thanks.

Ben

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member

How does one buy a 1password gift card on PayPal. I've looked on PayPal and didn't find it. My trial runs out in 1 day. I emailed support on 10/15 and 10/17 and still no reply.

• Hi @LakeDaisy

My apologies that we haven't gotten a reply to you before now. You can purchase 1Password gift cards on our website, here:

https://1password.com/giftcards/

One of the options at checkout will be to pay with PayPal. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. Another question. Looks like $35.88 for a 1 year subscription. Is there any way to use the remaining ~$14? If not, is there another type gift card I can buy and transfer $35.88 to 1password?

• Thanks Ben. Another question. Looks like $35.88 for a 1 year subscription. Is there any way to use the remaining ~$14?

That balance would be applied to your next invoice.

If not, is there another type gift card I can buy and transfer $35.88 to 1password?

You could potentially purchase a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express gift card if those are available in your area. I know many grocery and convenience stores, and gas stations near me offer that option.

Ben

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member

Okay. Thanks again Ben.

• You’re welcome @LakeDaisy. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.