iOS 12 AutoFill doesn't respect "All Vaults"

baggend
baggend
Community Member

Just tried the new autofill in the beta and it's fantastic. One problem I've had is that it shows matches from "all of my vaults" as opposed to "All Vaults".

As an example, I have 7 different Amazon logins stored in different vaults because of my work. Only 1 of those gets used on a regular basis which is stored in a vault named "Personal" which is included in "All Vaults". The others are in work-related vaults (let's call them Work1, Work2, Work3). Since those don't get used often, those vaults are not a part of "All Vaults".

Within 1password, if I search for Amazon that's the only one that comes up and everything is fine. But with autofill, all of the logins show up and the one included by default (the one suggested on the button that comes up in the keyboard area) is the first one alphabetically which, ironically, is the very least likely of all 7 to be used.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0 (16A5362a)
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Hi there @baggend. Thanks for the feedback. We've been talking this one over internally and will be taking some steps to make this better. Cheers!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hey 👋,
    I think it would be really really nice if the new iOS 12 autofill would respect the all vaults settings. This is a huge problem for me because I actually have a vault that I keep my deleted items in. Or maybe having a separate configuration for stuff like this under the autofill options would be great.

But I am sure the super talented team @ Agilebits will figure out a solution :)

• In the most recent beta (beta 7) we've addressed this by no longer sending items to the system to show in the QuickType bar unless they appear in All Vaults. When you bring up the 1Password Password AutoFill user interface you will see all the items across all your vaults.

• ScottSwezey
    ScottSwezey
    Community Member

Loving the beta, but I want to chime in on this issue as well. It would be nice to eventually see the extended list of login choices respect the all vaults setting and have a vault switcher. My use case is the same as @baggend with work vaults that I keep excluded. Keep up the great work.

• Thanks for that feedback, Scott. We wanted to take a much simpler approach with the AutoFill UI, just to see if it was plausible. We will keep refining this, I’m sure.

• dgold105
    dgold105
    Community Member

For what it's worth I would also prefer the more narrower choice. I have only one vault that comes up within 1password in search results but when I use the autofill I see all the vaults which isn't what I'm after. Similar use case to the others. Hoping this can be addressed somehow in the future.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Yes, please make it possible to Auto-Fill from 1 selected vault only (in my case the one I configured to open after starting 1Password)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's something we're looking into. :)

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

Just adding my vote that all views should respect "All Vaults". I don't mind if there's a toggle to turn it off, or you default to off and there's a toggle (that's remembered) to turn it on, but there needs to be a way to only see "All Vaults" logins at all times.

Other than a few rough edges. This is a nice feature and I'm enjoying it. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think that's a reasonable view. Thanks for the feedback! Definitely on our radar. :)

• hexley
    hexley
    Community Member

Well, goof to know I’m not the only one who is confused by this! It seems so logical for it to respect the all vaults setting, I’m not sure why it ever made it in this way.

I have a vault that is essentially a trash. I try not to delete anything and instead put it in this archival vault. When I’m using 1Password for the one thing It’s designed for, to fill in passwords, I get the most unwieldy list of 40’s of items on some sites. Is there any way to exclude them or show which vault they are in?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@hexley: Personally, I use the Trash for trash...but anyway it's something we're exploring.

Not trash. We're not exploring trash. The feature request. :lol:

Regarding seeing which vault an item is in, if you tap "1Password..." you can then swipe individual items to view their details, which includes the vault.

• mrventures
    mrventures
    Community Member

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I've found this to be confusing as a Families user. My wife and I have separate vaults, but when we use the Autofill feature, we see each others' accounts come up. Since our work uses Google accounts and we use them personally, the list gets extensive if we need to log into one of the accounts. It seems to me that it would be clearer if there was an option for Autofill to start in a target vault (as VIII suggested) or to be able to quickly change vaults within the Autofill pane (if that's even possible).

Thanks for your great work on this so far!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrventures: The only way you'd see each other's data is if those items are in a shared vault which you both have access to or you're both using the same 1Password.com account credentials instead of each using your own. If you'll let me know which it is and what you're trying to accomplish, I'm sure I can suggest something.

• mrventures
    mrventures
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

@brenty We use 1Password for Families, so we have separate accounts. However, we have shared access to each other's primary vaults because we often use each other's devices (however, we'd both like to just see our own accounts in the main Autofill chooser). So it sounds like the first scenario you mentioned illustrates our situation. Would it be possible for your team to add an option to see only one vault in Autofill?

Thanks

• hexley
    hexley
    Community Member

Or even to be able to set a tagged filters so we could select the needed filters ad get the same end result. Better even as you can then stop filtering and without leaving the search and match screen you can unfilter and see all vault items 100%. These filters need to be sticky and stay past an application restart.

In the meantime as a gross workaround you can prepend say, “a- “ to the title of all your vault x items. Then “n- “ to the next vault. This at least should force grouping of items by vault into large groups sub sorted however 1P is sorting now.

Please let me know if anyone besides me tries this. I’m still playing around with altering a copy of my data.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrventures: A "Primary" local vault is completely separate from 1Password.com. I'd recommend migrating that data to a vault shared between your 1Password.com accounts for many reasons separate from this discussion. I can't make any promises at this point but we would also like to give more control over what shows up in iOS 12 Password Autofill if we can find a good way of doing that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hexley: It's an interesting workaround. Hopefully we'll be able to offer an even better solution in the future though. :)

This discussion has been closed.