how to reorder items in favorites folder

ccgreen
ccgreen
Community Member

I remember being able to drag items in favorites folder to change the order in the mini-password (in Mac menubar) that opens when filling in logins; I have favorites, and I order them so those used most frequently are on top. However, in trying to drag and drop from opening 1Password app, I no longer can reorder the items. Can't see a way to do it from menubar/mini-1Password. I am using Chrome, but not sure if I am accessing chrome extension; it's not an icon in chrome, but as i stated, in the Mac menubar. Thank you

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.3 (653001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: chrome ext: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:favorites folder

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ccgreen,

1Password Mini mirrors what the main 1Password app is showing, so if you want to reorder items inside your Favourites, you need to do so in the 1Password app itself. Are you able to drag and reorder items in 1Password for Mac? As soon as you have reordered them, Mini will show you the updated list immediately ;)

• jpatrick
    jpatrick
    Community Member

I am not able to order my favorites in 1Password for Mac. When I click and drag the password, the little blue line shows up indicating where I want to move the item to. But when I stop dragging (unclick? release?) the logins all blink, but nothing is moved.

• Hi @jpatrick! Sorry about that. To reorder favorites, you need to be viewing a specific vault, the one which has favorites you want to reorder. They can't be reordered in All Vaults mode. Could you try switching to just one vault and reordering them? Let us know how that goes! :)

• WaltDittrich
    WaltDittrich
    Community Member

This worked for me! I simply changed the setting in the 1Password iOS app from Open to "All Vaults" to just open in my preferred Vault (Private). Then, I went to Favorites, clicked "Edit" and voila! I could rearrange the favorites in the app quickly and easily!
    Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WaltDittrich -- glad to hear it! :)

• gustavobrito
    gustavobrito
    Community Member

Dear 1 Password Team,

I am a proud owner of three 1Password licenses, for Windows, Mac & iOS, all working in sync using Dropbox, and I get here looking in Google for a solution to rearrange the favorites items. I already followed the hints on this topic but I still can't find a way to rearrange the Favorite items.

There is no "Edit" button on my iOS app in the Favorites session, even choosing to open the Primary Vault under Settings > Vaults > Always open to > (Primary Selected).

Can you please provide guidance?

Thanks in advance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gustavobrito - Right now in 1Password for iOS, there is no way to reorder favorites. So you're not overlooking any hidden settings or anything like that. Apologies for the confusion, but the above instructions work only on 1Password for Mac, not 1Password for iOS.

• serac
    serac
    Community Member

@Lars is there a way you could delete your comment to @WaltDittrich because that does not seem to work in MacOS or iOS. No offense to either of you but just to help others like me who might try to follow those incorrect instructions. And to echo other similar threads in this forum, 1P is awesome but not being able to order your favorites has been a major pain for a while but I under stand it is a major technical challenge as well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@serac - as a rule, we don't delete comments on the forum - especially from four months ago, when the current versions of 1Password were different than they are today.

• WaltDittrich
    WaltDittrich
    Community Member

I can confirm that the above instructions, from November 2017, are currently not working in the iOS app: You can no longer edit the Favorites in 1Password 6 for iOS 7.06. I don't know why AgileBits took that feature away.
    Something is off, though, because as I tried experimenting with the iOS app and MacOS app, I rearranged my Favorites, and can't get them back to where they were! 😡
    Now, I'm upset again!

Please bring back the feature to edit Favorites!

• WaltDittrich
    WaltDittrich
    Community Member

For final clarification, I can still edit the Favorites in the MacOS app, which will sync with the iOS app, as long as I'm showing the proper Vault(s).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WaltDittrich - thanks for the follow-up. :)

• WaltDittrich
    WaltDittrich
    Community Member

Something has happened over the past week, which threw my iOS app list of favorites off. Remembering the above, I immediately went into the MacOS app v7.2.1, and can't seem to reorganize the favorites. I show items sorted by Title and Sorted Alphabetically and Alphabetically reversed. I cannot seem to figure out how to turn these off, and just rearrange by my own User preference. 🙁

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WaltDittrich - favorites are no longer configurable by custom ordering. That may change in the future, but we need to develop a way that's consistent and doesn't break things in either other 1Password clients or in multi-user setups (such as shared vaults in 1Password Families or 1Password Teams accounts). Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. I knew I had done it before, but it had been quite a while.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ccgreen - you're quite welcome. :)

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. I knew I had done it before, but it had been quite a while.

• :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.