What category does an item live in?

woodypecker
woodypecker
Community Member

When you have found a item by searching on a tag how do you know what the associated category is?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@woodypecker: That's an interesting question. I'm not sure it's ever come up before. I guess the answer is, you don't. But I'm not entirely sure why it would matter in that context. If you were looking for something based on category, you you just select that instead of searching I think. Can you give me an example of what you have in mind?

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member

Just to understand if an item has been placed in the right category. If an item is in the wrong category it makes categories useless

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@woodypecker: I don't disagree, but arguably you could just put it in the "right" category since you're the one doing it. ;) Also, strictly speaking there isn't usually a "wrong" category. These are just templates for data storage, with the exceptions of Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities, which have a specific function for filling on websites. Cheers! :)

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member

I half agree but I am not the only one adding new items:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Touché. :lol:

That's actually part of the reason we include a few "starter kit" items with a new 1Password.com account. Probably the most important is the Login which shows people right off the bat that there's a purpose-made item type for signing into websites. But there's probably more creative stuff we could do like this in the future too. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.