1PX incorrect fills NS&A Login

Options

Quick bug report - https://secure3.nsandi.com/thc/policyenforcer/pages/loginB2C.jsf has a field for Surname. 1Password 7 would correctly fill each field, whereas 1PX puts the account number there. Not a big issue, just wanted to share that in case it helps with tweaking the autofill logic. :) This is for a very large government savings site in the UK.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cecelia
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hey there @petecloss! Thanks for writing in. :)

I just tested this and was able to successfully fill on https://secure3.nsandi.com/thc/policyenforcer/pages/loginB2C.jsf using 1Password X.

One thing that's come from all the hard work our developers have been doing is some seriously awesome new filling logic that allows 1Password X to fill many different types of fields it wasn't capable of filling before. This includes custom fields as well as some tricksy banking site fields that have previously evaded our efforts! Some of these Login items will need to be recreated on your end so 1Password X can capture some necessary data from the login form to provide you with a more smooth and consistent filling experience going forward.

Can you please recreate your Login item for that site using the 1Password X inline menu and try filling again using the new Login item? This guide can help if you're unsure how: How to save a Login item in 1Password X

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send over a little more information?:

1. The browser you're using.
    2. Whether you run Mac or Windows.
    3. The version of 1Password X you have installed.
  • petecloss
    petecloss
    Community Member
    Options

I found that updating it overwrote the account number with my surname. Saving it afresh also does the same thing. It doesn't save the first field.

Chrome
    Windows

I tried to manually correct it by editing the "Web form details" which only seems possible in the full program, not the web interface. This still didn't help though. Let me know if I can share any extra info to help resolve this!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petecloss,

When you're finding 1Password isn't working is it because you can't see your NS&I number when viewing the item or are you finding that the entirely new item didn't correctly fill all three fields? I ask because 1Password will never show all three fields at the top but they ought to be recorded in the saved form details and used when filling. Like cecelia I find that an entirely new Login item saved using 1Password X filled all three fields correctly for me and my own Login item saved back in 2016 works with either 1Password X or 1Password with the companion extension. We'll happily file a report but reproducing the issue is proving elusive at the moment.

• petecloss
    petecloss
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Here's the entry as it stands, with three web form fields. 1PX doesn't offer the blue lock icon and associated menu in the top text entry field at all, as if it doesn't recognise that it's there. j_usr_passwd is my surname.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petecloss,

So the missing icon can be viewed as a separate issue to whether 1Password X successfully fills or not. Obviously it's better if the icon shows itself for the field as well but the icon will appear when either the surname or password field have focus and filling from the inline menu on either field will fill all three fields for me as well as clicking the 1Password X button in the browser toolbar and filling from there. Can you let me know what happens if you try the same please.

• petecloss
    petecloss
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I know this is an elusive issue and I appreciate your persistence and quick responses!

Using the 1Password X button in the browser toolbar and selecting Fill in Chrome (70.0.3538.67) exhibits the same issue.

I can report that the latest Firefox version (63.0) fills all three fields properly. It may well just be my install of Chrome playing silly games then! I just want to make sure I get you all the info on the issue in Chrome in case there's a fix your side rather than something up with Chrome. :)

Update: Chrome just offered me an update to 70.0.3538.77 and this feature is working as it should again! Maybe a bug in 70.0.3538.67 then.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petecloss,

That is very weird. I can't think what in Chrome should have affected how 1Password X filled but if things are working again it's hard not to gaze suspiciously at Chrome. If the odd behaviour returns please let us know but hopefully you aren't bothered again by whatever weirdness was going on here.

This discussion has been closed.