Dropbox Syncing Issue

Options
bhusari
bhusari
Community Member

I duplicated a login on 1Password iOS 12 app. Later made changes on 1Password for Windows on version 7.2.581 standalone version on my windows 10 machine and renamed login. Then when I opened 1Password on iOS, I let it sync with Dropbox. When done, I noticed the item that was renamed on my windows machine did not reflect on the iOS app. Tried syncing again, but it was still showing the original duplicated item of iOS. In the meantime I noticed Windows 10 machine syncing again which deleted my renamed item of windows 10 and instead restored original iOS Item. This is a big issue and I am worried this will impact my data badly. Kindly look into this.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    Options

After trying some more on a few other items I am noticing this is happening frequently. The dropbox is syncing and when going back to iOS although it syncs, changes are not displaying in iOS items and on a few occasions it reverts changes made on windows back to how it is on iOS. Dropbox is also creating some of the synced files as a conflicting copy of original .js. Not sure why this has started happening? Any inputs?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bhusari

I’m really sorry to hear about the trouble syncing via Dropbox. I’d recommend running through this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox | 1Password

I’d also recommend taking a look at our backup guide if you are concerned that data corruption is happening or has happened:

1Password backups

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.