Change suggested password settings in browser mode

Options

Hi :)
I'm a guy who prefer to have "memorable password" rather than "random password". And when I'm about to register a new account, 1Password X gives me a suggested password, awesome! But, that password is always 20 characters long and with random symbols!
Are you guys working on an update where users can change these settings?
Or is it a specific reason why "change suggested password settings" isn't a feature yet?

STAY AWESOME
best
// Simon (^-^)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Simon (@mrKnorring),

Thanks for reaching out! I can definitely appreciate your perspective regarding memorable passwords, and 1Password X can accommodate. For now, the suggested password that appears under the password fields when you're creating a new item is just a Suggested Password (a feature of the 1Password password generator). Suggested Passwords are meant to fit most password requirements so you don't have to use the generator — Just fill and go. If you prefer to use a word-based password, you can alter the recipe as needed when you generate a strong yet memorable password from within the 1Password X popup. Here's how:

1. Click the 1Password X icon in your browser.
    2. Click Password Generator on the left side of the popup.
    3. Next to "Type" choose Memorable Password and adjust the rest of the settings accordingly.
      (You can later find your generated passwords in Generator History at the bottom of the Password Generator, if need be.)

The suggested passwords won't adjust based on your Password Generator recipe, but that is a great idea! A few others have requested this feature and I've gone ahead and added your request as a +1 to the open issue we have for it.

• mrKnorring
    mrKnorring
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @cecelia. Thank you for responding. Now I understand the reason beind the suggested password recipe, which makes total sense :)
    And I guess in the long run more and more system are designing with better passwords criterias (with least one big letter, small letter, number, special character and so forth). Heck, I am creating an app right now with those criterias :p
    So "memorable pass phrases" will probably get more dificult to store in systems ;)

So ... GREAT JOB <3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well...better password criteria would be not restricting them, and then salting and hashing before storing on the server. I can dream, can't I? ;)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words! We do want to keep Suggested Passwords super strong and simple, but we're constantly evaluating things based on feedback and the state of the web. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.