Need Safari Extension for v6.8.9

Options
fredmarkert
fredmarkert
Community Member

I upgraded to Mojave. I run the standalone version of 1Password, v6.8.9, because I simply will never use subscription software. I can't find the 1Password Safari extension to install now that I've done a clean install of Mojave, and when I select "Install Browser Extensions..." from the 1Password menu it only redirects me to the 1Password website homepage. I can't find the download of the extension anywhere on the 1Password site. Anyone have any ideas where I van get it?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fredmarkert

I run the standalone version of 1Password, v6.8.9, because I simply will never use subscription software.

Good news, then: you can install 1Password 7 for Mac and purchase a standalone license for it. :) Right now, they're even on sale at the "launch special" price of $49.99, though launch was late May and it's almost November, so I'd act quickly because I really have no idea how much longer before it goes to the regular price of $64.99.

macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) comes bundled with Safari 12 installed, and it's this where the change has come about. In Safari 12, Apple has deprecated the .safariextz extensions we've all used for years, in favor of a new format called Safari App Extensions. The new 1Password 7 for Mac has that, but version 6 doesn't and likely never will. For now, you can still install the older style extension in Safari 12, but only from the Safari Extensions Gallery...and Apple have said they'll be shuttering that at the end of this year, probably. I'd seriously consider upgrading to 1Password 7 for Mac if you can, unless you're willing to switch to another browser, because I'm not sure how much longer the older-style extensions will work in Safari 12. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.