How can I merge data from RoboForm. I'm a 75 year old computer newbie and I'm unsure what to do.

Options
Cap757767
Cap757767
Community Member

I've been using RoboForm for a while and now I'm having trouble with it that they can't seem to solve. I wanted to but 1Password but it would take me forever to move all of the usernames and passwords from RoboForm to 1Password. Like I said in the title, I'm an old guy that is not as sharp as who you probably normally deal with. Is there a way for someone with my skill level to get 1Password and figure move the RoboForm logins and safe notes to 1Password. Probably a dumb question but I didn't want to start down this trail if it was going to be a big deal. Thanks for you time. Jim Cunningham

1Password Version: Didn't buy yet.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Siera
Sync Type: I Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:How can I merge data from RoboForm. I'm a 75 year old computer newbie and I'm unsure what to do.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MrC is an experienced user who has provided converters from other password managers. He is not an AgileBits staff member, but AgileBits are happy with his converters. You could look for yourself in the forums to find the relevant converter, or wait till he comes along to provide an answer, which he will.

There are people of all skill levels asking questions on the forums. Don't worry.

(I deleted your duplicate post.)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Howdy @Cap757767 ,

I'm happy to help you get your RoboForm data exported, converted, and imported into 1Password. I'll give you a sequence of steps here to start:

1. Download the converter suite from the Testing Bits area, mentioned in the first post of the thread, and place it on your Desktop.
    2. Unzip the archive by double clicking on it (if it is not already unzipped for you by your browser).
    3. Go inside the convert_to_1p4 folder on your Desktop, and open the README.pdf.
    4. Find the sub-section for RoboForm, under the section Exporting from your Password Manager.
    5. Export your data as per those instructions.
    6. Now you can right-click > Open the AppleScript_Conversion_Helper, and it will guide you through the rest.

Ask if you need any help.

This discussion has been closed.