Hi, why can't I use touch-ID to unlock 1P on my browser on my Mac? Thanks, J

Jacqui
Jacqui
Community Member

Since a couple weeks, I no longer can unlock 1P add-on, neither on Firefox nor Safari or Chrome with touch-ID on my Mac (Mojave) but need to enter the master pwd. The entire advantage of having 1P as add-on is lost. This is annoying and time-consuming.
Thanks for your help

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1.12.2
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, why can't I use touch-ID to unlock 1P on my browser on my Mac? Thanks, J

Comments

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

You could try toggling the "allow TouchID..." setting in 1PW settings - security, to see if that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jacqui: You're using 1Password X, which runs entirely in the browser. It can't integrate with OS-level features like that. You'd need to use the 1Password desktop app/extension to use Touch ID.

• Jacqui
    Jacqui
    Community Member

Thanks to @VirgilBoy and @brenty. On my mac, I had no problems launching 1PW and using touch ID, as my 1PW settings were already as suggested. This did not solve my browser issue. Thanks VirgilBoy. I followed the second suggestion: I disabled 1PX and installed the app extension, and it seems to work fine now... Thanks Brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for the update! Glad that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.