How do you go from a Document back to its "parent" login?

Options
markbot
markbot
Community Member

OK, Helpers, another question:

In v6 I had a login (call it FunTimes.com) with an attachment called "Yippee.pdf."

In v7 the attachment Yippee.pdf is now a document. In the v7 FunTimes.com login It shows up under "RELATED ITEMS" as an "Imported Attachment."

I click on the Imported Attachment "Yippee.pdf" and am brought to the Document. I "Click to View" Yippee.pdf and look at it. Great.

Now, how do I get back to the FunTimes.com (what I would call the "parent") login?

It appears that the only way is to go back to Logins and Search or scroll down to it.

There appears to be nothing to click on to take me back to Funtimes.com login.

Am I missing something?

(Please say "yes"...)

-Mark

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@markbot Yes. In the .pdf item, click Edit, scroll down to Related Items, click on Link Existing, find the login Funtimes.com in the scrolling list (not necessarily in Alphabetical order), click Save and you're there. hth

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member
    Options

@vplewis OK, thank you, what you've described is a laborious way to achieve what I hoped would already be available.

I'm just appalled that the links from Login to Documents are not set up in each direction during the v6 -> v7 process.

By the way, is this documented anywhere?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markbot - I see @vplewis has beaten me to the punch here; there's no official documentation of this process at present, and I agree it's an area where we could do better. "Appalled" strikes me as somewhat melodramatic for a minor feature of a software application, but it's definitely something we could do better. I'll mention it to the documentation team.

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member
    Options

Oh dear.

In order to spare you further melodrama, Lars, I think the path for me is to downgrade to 6.8.9, and when that's no longer viable, find some other password program.

Perhaps you could be kind enough to point me to the documentation for downgrading.

-Mark

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member
    Options

Asked this a couple of days ago. No answer yet.

Is there an uninstaller?

Or some documentation?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markbot: I've merged the other new thread you started here. Posting multiple messages in different places slows down response times for everyone -- including you.

You can easily drag 1Password 7 to the Trash and install the old version from our update site if you wish:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/

But that will have no impact on how Documents work, as this is a 1Password.com feature, and it's exactly the same in all versions of 1Password that support it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markbot - you can downgrade to 6.8.9, use it for as long as you have hardware and macOS versions that will run it, and you can also migrate your data back to a standalone setup. Let us know if you'd like instructions for that. Good luck! :)

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member
    Options

Just one more question: what happens to my data on your server when my subscription lapses?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markbot - it enters Frozen status.

This discussion has been closed.