Need help figuring out if I am syncing on iCloud or Dropbox!

Options
luckyday
luckyday
Community Member

Hi -

I can't figure out if my macbook subscription version of 1password 7 is using icloud or dropbox. Can someone help me to figure this out so I can set my iphone up properly? The version on my Mac was purchased on Mac App Store. There is no "Sync" tab or button in preferences. I used to sync on Dropbox, but now the vault has changed since getting the subscription and I am in the dark. My iphone stopped syncing with the desktop version.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• luckyday
    luckyday
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I figured it out: NEITHER. It's syncing through the 1password site.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luckyday - yep! If you created a 1password.com membership, then sync is handled directly via the 1password.com servers. It's much more stable and feature rich (not to mention being waaaay easier - essentially zero configuration) than any other sync method we've used in the past, because this time, it's created by and maintained directly by us. No limited 3rd party sync APIs, no limited visibility into sync errors, it "just works." And if it ever doesn't, we can address both sides of the issue (the client apps on your device) and the server itself. Cheers! :)

• luckyday
    luckyday
    Community Member
    Options

:) Thanks! It was so simple, I couldn't figure it out at first!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luckyday - it's definitely a change from the past, but a good one. People who've been with us for a while are so used to having to do a lot more to set up their sync/sharing operations that you're far from the first person to ask "hey, how do I sync" when you already were syncing. Enjoy! :)

This discussion has been closed.