Is there a way to enable accessibility features - specifically high contrast settings?

Hi there

I have a vision related challenge that requires the use of accessibility features. I use "High Contrast Settings" in Windows 10 to invert colours from black/white to white/black.

When I make this setting change, there are a number of interfaces for 1Password that do not display well at all.

Plugins - Edge and Chrome
Application - When launched from the task tray, etc

Steps to repro:

1. In Windows 10, click
  2. Type "Themes and related settings," to select that form
  3. On the right hand side, select "High Contrast Settings"
  4. Turn on high contrast: ON
  5. Choose a theme: Dark
  6. Click

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• paulbergen
    paulbergen
    Community Member

Click and test out 1Password!

Let me know if you can suggest any help. Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @paulbergen,

Thanks for reporting this.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the high contrast themes and the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) library we use, WPF doesn't adapt to these themes well. We don't have a clear picture as to how to address this yet as we don't control the rendering/presentation, Windows does it for us.

We'll find a way to fix it but for now, high contrast themes aren't well-supported.

ref: opw/opw#1666

• paulbergen
    paulbergen
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. While I understand the complexity, I very much look forward to a resolution so that I can use 1Password on all my devices and see things clearly. Thanks for moving this forward as fast as you're able.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Absolutely. I'm sorry we don't have a solution to this problem currently, but it's something we'd like to improve in the future, even if it requires a great deal of work to use different tools. Thank you for your feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.