Exporting and re importing in 1Password

Options
Mihail
Mihail
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, we created an account on password.com by mistake instead of password.ca so we exported all the password from the vault into a .txt file.
We deleted everything and redoo a new account. Now I'm trying to import the .txt file in the vault and it doesn't work. What is happening? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10 Thanks
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Mihail,

Thanks for writing in.

Did you get in touch with our team about moving your data between regions? We have a very specific method of doing this and exporting/importing isn't recommended; please follow the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/regions/#change-your-region

You cannot import with text format in 1Password 7 for Windows, it is not supported. You have to copy/move between two accounts in the same 1Password app, not export/import.

• Mihail
    Mihail
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, I realised that their is nothing I can do when I exported to .txt file. I had to reuse the .csv tool to convert all my password from an excel file back to 1pd format. Everything is good now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, that's good. Indeed, exporting is intended for other apps which don't understand 1Password-specific data structures. ANyway, glad you were able to get things moved over. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.